Sunday 'choccie' pancakes

It has become a firm tradition in our house that Sunday morning means Pancakes. In the beginning I had always struggled making pancakes that my husband could eat, due to his allergy to all things dairy and eggs. So it was he who began our traditional pancake breakfast using his chef like method of ‘a bitta this’ and ‘a touch of that’. It frustrated me to no end that he couldn’t give me an exact measurement. I tried and tried but mine always came out so rubbery and his were always so fluffy and soft...
After many years of persistence (around about 4 to give a more accurate level of my determination) I have finally mastered the art of Egg free, Dairy Free pancakes! I to have now adopted his method of ‘a bitta this’ but I have taken care to measure out my ingredients just for you. So now in my first Blog ever I would like to share the secrets of my success with you.

Egg and Dairy Free Pancakes


4 Cups of Self Raising Flour
1 Cup of Sugar
1 teaspoon of Baking Powder
5 Cups of Soy milk

Extra trimmings...
Lemon juice and sugar
Chocolate topping and Ice-cream
Fresh fruit and syrup

Put the Flour, Sugar and Baking powder into a large mixing bowl and give it all a good mix around with the whisk.
Then add the 5 Cups of milk and alot of elbow grease with that whisk and you are ready to get cooking.
You will need a generous dollop of margarine ( I use Nuttelex which is a dairy free spread) into the frying pan and then add your mix. Flip over when the bubbles begin to pop! Leave them for another 30 seconds and remove from the pan.

This scrumptious plate is for my Man! And the reason that it is called Sunday CHOCCIE pancakes. Mine is much more reserved.
Decorate with your extra trimmings and dig in!

My tips and tricks

The quantity above provides breakfast pancakes for all four of us and enough leftover for the boys school lunch boxes
Little helpers are great at mixing and pouring in all that milk.
I only ever use my good old banged up frying pan, never my new non stick beauty.
I prefer a metal flipper rather than a plastic one.
I use my mix immediately, the first ones out are always the best and rarely make it to a plate.
Extra trimmings are never optional!!!

Do you have a Sunday tradition that is special to your family?



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ohhhhh YUM!!! Sarah these look so tasty!!
PS...welcome to blogland :)