Mixer update

Hi there, just thought I'd let you know after talking about a mixer a few posts back, that we got a new Sunbeam Cafe Series mixer for Christmas from my Mother In-law and Father In-law and it is beautiful. I really feel that it deserves a name but I am yet to name any of my inanimate objects.... never really caught on when I was younger and all my friends were naming their first cars and such. Oh well, maybe, one day.


But we are loving the yummy goodness that is exploding out of that magic machine everyday!

Back to that Fudge from that same post, that got me hungering for a good ol' fashioned goo-fest prompted me to create a little home-made fudgey goodness of my own. Now I didn't end up using this recipe as with the milk allergies that the boys have I didn't feel like making my own Sweetened Condensed Milk (oh it can be done people, dairy-free sweetened condensed milk, it just takes time and I wanted that fudge melting in my mouth not a moment longer than needed).


Dairy-Free Chocolate Fudge

You will never now the difference, guaranteed!

Ingredients
1/2 Cup Soy milk
1 1/4 Cups Sugar
1/4 Cup Nuttelex
1 Cup Dairy free chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vanilla or 1/4 Cup Hazelnuts

Stir the milk and sugar over a high heat, stirring constantly, for 7 minutes. 
Remove from the heat and add nuttelex, chocolate and vanilla/hazelnuts and stir until the mixture lightens in colour. Around 5 minutes of hard core mixing should do it.
Pour it into a lined tray, not too big or your fudgey squares will be very flat.
Leave on the counter to set for about 4 hours and then cut into bite sized bits.
This will keep for up to a week stored at room tempreture, goodluck with that!

These were the first batch of scones that I have made in a mixer but came out OK. They looked great but tasted a little bready, probably because I had to add a tonne more flour to stop the sticky dough ball mess that I had made but I'll work on that tomorrow..................


2 comments:

Colleen said...

You will never know the difference people, it is amazing. Yummy!!!

Colleen said...

I don't know how you do it,(with a mixer), but they were yummy!