Yummy Cinnamon goodness

Ok, so I happened along this recipe from here, but she mentioned it was originally from here. I just had to work a little 'Egg/Dairy free magic to this great recipe and then we were all enjoying this gorgeous loaf in no time.

So for all you peeps who might have, or be baking for someone who has a egg allergy or a cow's milk allergy then read on...




Ingredients

Dough
2 Cups Plain flour
1 1/2 T Caster sugar
1 pkt yeast
1/2 Cup warm water
1/4 C warm soy milk
1 1/2 T Olive Oil
1 t vanilla extract

Topping
2 T nuttlex
3 t brown sugar
2/3 Cups Sugar
1 t Cinnamon
pinch nutmeg

I have tweaked my pizza dough recipe a little to make it much sweeter but this is a really easy, quick dough to produce.

Mix all the dry ingredients together and then add the oil, water, milk and vanilla.
Knead until it is soft. I like that it is really only a minute, or even less, of kneading!
Place back in the bowl and cover with cling wrap for 30 mins. Now is the time to pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C and prepare the filling.

Melt the nuttelex and brown sugar in a saucepan and allow to cool.

In another bowl mix the cinnamon, sugar and nutmeg together.

Knead gently for about a minute and then roll out to a large rectangle or square. I find that because it is really similar to the pizza dough that it helps to 'stretch' out the dough. Do this by holding it by the edges, up in the air, and turning it around, kinda like you are turning the car steering wheel. <- boy I hope that made sense...

Paint the top of the bread with the cooled nettlex mixture and then generously sprinkle the sugar/cinnamon mix over the top.

Cut up into strips. Stack the strips. Cross cut the strips into squares that will easily fit into your loaf tin.

I baked it for 35 mins.

There were great pics over here to match the instructions if you need some visual assistance. I didn't take any pics in progress since it was mostly just the change of ingredients to make this delightful decadent dare I say breakfast food that my family would be able to enjoy too. Enjoy

No comments: